Position: Community Outreach Director
Duration: Full Time
Begins: July 2017
Toronto City Church is a cross-cultural, cross-generational church located in the city of Toronto. Our vision is to be a spiritual family where every person encounters God’2s unconditional love, is empowered in their identity and equipped for their purpose. Our core values (C.R.E.E.D.S) are creativity, relationships, evangelism, excellence, discipleship and the supernatural. .
We are seeking a motivated and diligent individual with a passion for Jesus and for His church to fill the role of Community Outreach Director. The right candidate will have a strong and mature personal relationship with God and a heart for outreach and community service and engagement. He or she will be confident, adaptable, good with people, and able to think both critically and creatively. Experience in both ministry and business environments is an asset. The right candidate will be independently driven, flexible, and excellent in time management, an effective verbal and written communicator and will be able to both give leadership to and work as part of teams. In addition, the right candidate will be resourceful, efficient, highly adaptable with the capacity to multi-task.
The main areas of responsibility for this position will include:
• Champion community service/outreach and develop strategies to engage TCC membership in outreach/service.
• Develop and oversee regular outreach/community events at the Toronto City Sports Centre (TCC Indoor Sports Dome) TCSC
• Develop strategies to engage, serve and reach TCSC patrons and connect them to TCC.
• Develop, implement, and oversee summer sports camps for children/youth.
• Work with the pastoral team to develop and implement strategies to welcome and follow up with new people who visit and/or join TCC.
• Work with the pastoral team to develop and oversee events and initiatives geared to engage and serve the community.
• Develop strategic community partnerships between TCC and likeminded charities and community organizations.
• Manage the Toronto City Sports Centre and liase with clients
• Oversee the day to day operations of the Sports Dome including bookings, finances, scheduling, maintenance oversight, and safety standards in cooperation with other TCC Staff
• Hire, train and supervise part-time staff.
• Oversee the marketing and rental of the TCSC to community groups.
• Other tasks that may be assigned
The right candidate for this job will:
• Have a strong personal faith and Christian testimony
• Be able to fully support the Vision, Mission, Core Values and Doctrinal Statement of Toronto City Church
• Have a strong heart for outreach and community engagement
• Be highly organized and have exceptional time management skills
• Have a strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate capacity in multi-tasking in a diversity of tasks and projects
• Be balanced insofar as being independent but also a good team member
• Be computer literate and is technologically savvy
• Experience working in a church or non-profit is an asset
• Experience working with children and/or youth is an asset
• Be diligent, focused and a quick learner
• Management and business experience is an asset.
• Post-Secondary Training or Education is an asset with a particular focus community work, outreach and management.
• Have the ability to work with diverse types of people in a cross-cultural setting
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Monday, May 15th to email@example.com. We will contact you to arrange an interview in the event your application is selected for the interview process. Salary will be commensurate with education, job experience and training.